Friday 5 July 2013

Nails Inc Lucky Dip - Part 1

Hi all,

Got some Nails Inc swatches for you today!

I have been quiet again, but I have still been amassing more polish. MORE POLISH!!

The ones I want to show you today are some of the ones I got in my latest lucky dip from Nails Inc. I really do love Nails Inc polishes - the formulas for their different polishes are generally really nice, but I have to say the price tag of £11 a polish is definitely out of my price range if I'm wanting more than one colour. 

So of course I love the idea of their lucky dips - only £18 (really just under £22 with postage) for 7 polishes. It is of course hit and miss, as you don't know what you will get - but so far I have been pleased with the majority of polishes I have gotten. This month was a pretty good one!

This month I got:

Dovehouse Street
Farringdon Crackle Topcoat
Porchester Place
Bruton Mews
Seymour Walk
Hammersmith
Park Lane

I have the first three to show you in this post, but just a few notes first. All polishes I used were 2 coats, apart from the crackle which was one over another colour. One coat of OPI Nail Envy Matte as base, but no topcoat on any.


The first is Dovehouse Street. I was reticent about this at first - it looks very thin and sheer, very girly, sparkly, and generally not something I would pick out for myself.


 It was pleasantly surprising on my nails - not completely clear, with enough coverage to 'dim' the nail line. VNL's are really growing on me - but it has to be the right colour to do it. This does - the pinky gold shimmer also adds to how pretty it is - really simple, but elegant on my nails. Definitely going in my keeps pile.


The second I have is the Farringdon Crackle Topcoat. I think I remember being a crackle fan around the age of 15 / 16, but I definitely think its done its course. But the formula looked quite nice in the bottle, so I thought I would give it a go over Dovehouse Street, as I'm thoroughly bored of all crackle colours with black.


 My final thoughts - definitely going in my nieces donation bag - she's 9, so she'll probably still appreciate it!


The last polish I have to show you is Porchester Place. This almost went in my sell pile without even a swatch, but I'm so glad it didn't! I absolutely LOVE IT! 


It's a beautiful creme polish, fully opaque in two coats. I would describe it as a peachy orange colour, not sure if you would agree. All I know is I will be getting full wear out of this stunning colour this summer :)

So what do you think of these? Do you own any of these, or did you get a lucky dip this time and get anything different?

Rachael xxx

4 comments:

  1. Try dovehouse street over black =) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will do thanks :) did you get a lucky dip this time? x

      Delete
  2. How do you sign up for the lucky dip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always send me an email as i've previously bought them - its only available for a few days every so often. Best way is to like their facebook page as its normally announced on there when they do it :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...