Friday 25 October 2013

Review - Revlon Chalkboards

Good morning everyone! I have an amazing polish to show you today - something I have been hounding Revlon on facebook for for ages. Revlon Chalkboards! 


 If you are a true 'nailie' you will have seen the sets that Ciaté released a while back. A little out of some peoples price range though - including me. So I've waited and waited, and luckily Becca spotted them and picked me one up when she was out shopping. She picked me up Straight A's on request - as this is something I think I will use the most. 


 If you don't know the general concept of chalkboard nails, then its that you use a black matte nail polish as the base, and your colour over the top to act as your 'chalk'. The great thing about the Revlon's Chalkboard nail sets are that you always get black - the polish you will use the most of, and that the brushes are designed for the use - a nice easy to use brush to apply the base, and a thin striper style brush to apply your other colour - in this case, my white. 


Now I won't lie - I usually hate matte nail paint. I quite like this though as it still has an almost satiny finish. It reminds me of the rubber style polishes from Illamasqua. The word vinyl comes to mind. The only problem now is that I didn't have any ideas for designs! So I just doodled! 



The retail price on these is £8. You will be able to find them at all big stores, such as Boots and Superdrug. I will definitely be picking up some more colours! They are still quite expensive, but still a cheaper option than Ciaté.


Have you seen these in your shops yet? Have you bought / tried any? Have you tried the Ciaté ones? What do you think? 

 Rachael xxx

3 comments:

  1. I just got my first one too, will be painting my nails with it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super fun! Going on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...