Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 - The Year of the Bucket List!

Hey all!

Just another quick post today - I hope you all had a wonderful new year and are well recovered if necessary by now!

I had a lovely quiet night in with my other half after he managed to bruise the end of his nose. It was like a giant black smudge right on the end, so he didn't want to go out in public bless him!

Anyway, I digress. I have been thinking for some time that I need to get out of this comfortable rut I've been in for awhile. Being careful, sticking to things I've done before and that I'm comfortable with. Things that are easy! I will never get better at doing my nails if I don't try new things, so I've written a small bucket list of things I'd like to do in 2014 for the blog.

1.  Use up more of my untrieds. This is more for me than for the blog - I have so many polishes I have never even tried,  so I want to regularly try and share some of them with you. I will be starting 'Untried Friday' where I share some of these.

2. Trying new nail art techniques. I have gotten into a bit of a rut lately with nail art, so I want to try and do something new at least once or twice a fortnight. I know there are only a set number of different techniques, so this is why I want to try and recreate some of the wonderful manis that I have seen other bloggers do. 

3. Get back into challenges, and finish them. I love challenges, but often fall by the wayside and struggle to finish them. So I have joined a couple of less full on challenges for the weeks ahead, so look out for some of those posts soon!

4. More tutorials / pictorials and possibly videos. The latter will be the last to arrive if ever, as I'm pretty shy and awful at talking in public! But I do want to build on my tutorial skills. Any tutorials you would like to see, please let me know!

5. Get more involved in what the British Nail Bloggers are doing. I often see link ups and find I have missed something, so I will be making sure I share more of what they / we are up to this year!

6. More interactivity - I would love to know what you want to see on the blog. What do you like / dislike, what you want to see more / less of. And please comment! I love reading all your comments even if I do sometimes forget to reply. I am often browsing on my phone and my phone hates comments and makes it really difficult to post them, so I'm sorry about that! 

7. A couple of giveaways. I will have another one soon as I am running late on my 1 year blogiversary, so keep your eyes peeled!

Have you written a bucket list for 2014? Anything you definitely want to achieve in the next 365 days?

Rachael xxx

3 comments:

  1. I think these are some awesome goals! My main goals are to keep up challenges and improve my freehand skills! Hopefully we can both what we want! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should do an article about that too. I really want to keep up challenges as well! Finish the pokemon one for a start... and be really serious with Debbie Crumpet's challenges! ^^ Which challenges are you planning to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do more challenges as well, you could get your #1 and #3 done by doing The Crumpet's Golden Oldie Thursday Challenge! ;) I'll join in whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...