Saturday 23 February 2013

Pokémon Nail Art Challenge - Week 6 Normal - Snorlax




Hi everyone!

Week 6 already for the Pokémon challenge - can't believe it!

Hello new members, and welcome! Add yourself to the Member Links Doc and grab the inlinkz code to add to your posts! It's pinned to the top for easy access. And here is our image, made by @[132501126:2048:Nichole Mowery] of Adventures of the Nail Friends (that I can't tag for some reason)

This week is normal pokémon, so I chose Snorlax because he's epic in the game and I always remember him from the animé for eating boat loads of grapefruit before Ash catches him, and then for a funny episode where he is entered into a Pokémon wrestling match to win a years supply of food which he ends up eating in around 2 minutes :)


I am not 100% happy with these, so you may see a second mani at some point - it may be Snorlax again, it may not. I had this amazing idea in my head with a pale blue and yellow gradiented background but I am a 100% fail at gradients and it didn't work out.

So this version is inspired by the unexpected weather (for me anyway as I dont often watch news or weather forecasts!) that we have at the moment. The sky is thick and full with snow and its falling quite merrily at the moment - enough to send all fair weather drivers into their usual annoying panic!

The polishes I used:

Cagedbird Lacquer - Iced Mint Macaron for the base
Barry M - Watermelon for Snorlax's Body
Fearne - Lemon Drizzle mixed with Essie - Muchi Muchi for Snorlax Face, Chest and Feet
Zoya Purity and Raven for Claws, Outline and Z's


Also, my thumb does not bend for the camera. I really envy how people take shots of all 5 nails - I took a million photos and had severe hand ache by the time I managed to get a few semi decent photos!

Hope you like! :)






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...